Key Note Table Width

Ask questions or search for answers about CNM here.
New topics: Please search existing topics first. If a new topic is needed, please give it a useful title.

Moderators: dw, hawstom, PhilWill

Key Note Table Width

Postby slorentzen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 pm

I have recently upgraded to version 4.2 due to Windows 7 issues and quantity take-offs. The quantity take-off issue has been resolved but I cannot get the key note table to fit within my title block. The title block can only be 55 units wide so I revised noteqty.dwg to be only that length. I have also modified the cnm.ini files in the installation folder and my individual project folder. Tried to attach copies of my revised noteqty.dwg, cnm.ini and construction notes below but apparently they are not allowed formats. The block still installs at the default width of 65. I am modifying the notes using notepad.exe so that might have something to do with it. Was there an issue with the installation or do I have something wrong with my file? Computer OS is Windows 7 Pro and running Civil 3D 2010. FYI, I have customized dwg files (Construction Note and Quantity Blocks) located on the server and extra paths added in Autocad options prior to main CNM folder so it loads prior.

Re: Key Note Table Width

Postby hawstom » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:43 pm

If I am hearing you right, this issue is with the Quantity Take-off table, not with the Key Notes table. Is that right? If so, I apologize that this is not too well documented, but the Quantity Take-off table isn't made of a block. It's made of text objects whose position is controlled by the width variables under CNM Options or in CNM.ini.

See also

Site Admin

Return to Construction Notes Manager Support