Customizing bubble notes

Ask questions or search for answers about CNM here.
New topics: Please search existing topics first. If a new topic is needed, please give it a useful title.

Moderators: dw, hawstom, PhilWill

Customizing bubble notes

Postby restored » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 am

We have adopted a specific font (Gill Sans MT) for our P&P sheets. Is there a way to change the font of the bubble notes and key notes table per drawing or per subdivision?... So if we have to run notes on an older project they stay Romans you know? We are all accessing the CNM files from the same folder which is in a shared directory, so I think that If I edit all the fonts in the CNM drawings it will affect whatever is updated in everyone’s drawings.

Bottom line – How do you suggest we migrate from one font to another?

Mary
restored

Re: Customizing bubble notes

Postby restored » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:02 am

You know you can edit the blocks to your heart's content, right?

I suggest trying editing one block by either opening the block drawing or double clicking on it in a plan sheet and using the Properties box to change the font face (style) of the attributes and any other changes you need to make. Then try bringing in the bubble note that uses that block. For example, edit the left circle bubble, then try inserting a left circle note.

I am pretty sure that if you have a legitimate bubble note block already in a drawing, it does not redefine it. It only tries to redefine (to upgreade from old versions) if there is no NOTETXT3 attribute or if the bubble has a hook inside it.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom
restored

Re: Customizing bubble notes

Postby restored » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:02 am

By using the command "battman" you can change the font style on a specific sheet. You have to be careful so that it doesn't change other things, but it's fairly intuitive to use.

DW
restored

Return to Construction Notes Manager Support