Creating new files

Ask questions or search for answers about CNM here.
New topics: Please search existing topics first. If a new topic is needed, please give it a useful title.

Moderators: dw, hawstom, PhilWill

Creating new files

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:48 am

We are having an issue with CNM creating additional .txt or .csv files. we get this error:

L:\Job..........\constnot.txt is the old file left intact
L:\JOB....................\constnot00.txt is the new, coverted projrct notes file name.

Everytime someone open the editor it creates a new file with an extra 0 in it.

Can you help?

Postby hawstom » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:13 am

CNM does this when it has to convert a file from one format to another.

CNM knows three Project Notes file formats: CSV, TXT2, and TXT3. TXT3 was experimental, so let's talk about just TXT(2) and CSV.

If you are using the CNM editor and you try to edit project notes that are in TXT format, CNM intercepts the file and converts it to a CSV file, renaming it for security. CNM should also make a note of the new Project Notes filename in CNM.INI. It sounds like this might not be happening.

To solve your issue, I first need a little more information about what's happening.

1. I believe that any messages CNM is showing you in alert boxes should also be echoed to the command line. Can you please copy the command line history for me to inspect?

2. Can you please copy for me the ProjectNotes= line from the cnm.ini file in your project folder?

Thanks for using CNM.

Tom
Tom
hawstom
Site Admin

Return to Construction Notes Manager Support