Wrong shape showing on Key Notes Table

Ask questions or search for answers about CNM here.
New topics: Please search existing topics first. If a new topic is needed, please give it a useful title.

Moderators: dw, hawstom, PhilWill

Wrong shape showing on Key Notes Table

Postby hawstom » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 am

Aha! Yes. You have found it. I wonder how that happened. Most mysterious. Where did you get the block?

I am attaching the correct box.

Tom
--
I would rather make smiles than money any day!

- Hide quoted text -
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Michael Prefling <mike.prefling@gmail.com> wrote:

When I list the diamond shape in the key notes table it is "CNMBOX". So do I need to redefine the block or something? Not really sure how to do that. Sorry for all the questions.

Mike

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Tom Haws <tom.haws@gmail.com> wrote:

I see that your box note 1 is coming in with a diamond. I wonder about something. If you list the diamond shape block, what is the block name for it? Is the block name CNMDIA or CNMBOX?

Tom
--

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Tom Haws <tom.haws@gmail.com> wrote:

You project notes file looks like this. Does this reveal anything that seems helpful to you? I see Boxes, Pentagons, Diamonds, and Octagons there.

SET,TXTHT,.1
BOX,TITLE,%%UPAVING AND GRADING NOTES ,,

BOX,1,12' SOUND ABSORBING CMU WALL. SEE ARCHITECTUAL PLAN FOR\nDETAIL. LENGTH AS INDICATED,LF,LINE1
BOX,2,CONSTRUCT CONCRETE SIDEWALK PER M.A.G. STD. DTL. 231. WIDTH\nOF SIDEWALK AS INDICATED ON PLAN,LF,LINE1
BOX,3,MATCH EXISTING ELEVATION,EA,COUNT

BOX,4,CONSTRUCT 8' SOUND ABSORBING CMU WALL. SEE ARCHITECTUAL PLAN\nFOR DETAIL. LENGTH AS INDICATED,LF,LINE1
BOX,5,CONSTRUCT 8' WROUGHT IRON FENCE. SEE ARCHITECTUAL PLAN FOR\nDETAIL. LENGTH AS INDICATED,LF,LINE1

BOX,6,CONSTRUCT 6' WROUGHT IRON FENCE. SEE ARCHITECTUAL PLAN FOR\nDETAIL. LENGTH AS INDICATED,LF,LINE1
BOX,7,CONSTRUCT 6' SOUND ABSORBING CMU WALL. SEE ARCHITECTUAL PLAN\nFOR DETAIL. LENGTH AS INDICATED.,,

BOX,8,CONSTRUCT SINGLE CURB 'TYPE A' PER M.A.G. STD. DTL. 222,LF,LINE1

BOX,9,CONSTRUCT RETENTION BASIN AS SHOWN. MAXIMUM DEPTH OF BASIN\nIS TO BE 1'. USE 4:1 SIDE SLOPES.,EA,COUNT
PEN,TITLE,WATER NOTES ,,
PEN,1,"INSTALL 3"" PVC AWWA C-900 CLASS (200)\nDOMESTIC WATER PIPE AT 36"" MIN. COVER. LENGTH\nAS INDICATED ON PLAN. BACKFILL AND TRENCHING\nPER C.O.C. STD. DTL. C-308.",LF,LINE1

PEN,2,INSTALL 90 DEGREE BEND PER M.A.G. STD. DTL.\n380 AND NFPA-24.,EA,COUNT
PEN,3,INSTALL 45 DEGREE BEND PER M.A.G. STD. DTL.\n380 AND NFPA-24.,EA,COUNT
PEN,4,"INSTALL 6"" PVC AWWA C-900 CLASS (200) FIRE\nSPRINKLER WATER PIPE AT 36"" MIN. COVER.\nLENDTH AS INDICATED ON PLAN. BACKFILL AND\nTRENCHING PER C.O.C. STD. DTL. C-308.",LF,LINE1

PEN,5,"INSTALL 8"" DOUBLE CHECK DETECTOR ASSEMBLY PER\nFIRE DEPT. DTL. FD 103 WITH BY-PASS METER.",EA,LINE1
PEN,6,"INSTALL 8""X8""X6"" TEE. THRUST BLOCKING PER\nM.A.G. STD. DTL. 380.",EA,COUNT

PEN,7,"INSTALL 6"" GATE VALVE BOX AND COVER PER\nM.A.G. STD. DTL. 301 & C.O.C. STD. DTL.\nC-307.",EA,LINE1
PEN,8,"INSTALL SWING CHECK VALVE, POST INDICATING\nVALVE, VAULT AND F.D.C. PER C.O.C. STD. DTL.\nFD 103.",EA,LINE1

PEN,9,"INSTALL 8"" PVC AWWA C-900 CLASS (200) WATER\nPIPE AT 36"" MIN. COVER. LENGTH AS INDICATED\nON PLAN. BACKFILL AND TRENCHING PER C.O.C.\nSTD. DTL. C-308.",LF,LINE1
PEN,10,"CONNECT TO EXISTING 8"" WATER STUB, AND EXTEND\nEXISTING 8"" WATER PIPE TO LOCATION INDICATED\nON PLAN.",EA,COUNT

PEN,11,TERMINATE WATER SERVICE 5' FROM BUILDING\nFACE.,EA,COUNT
PEN,12,"INSTALL 1.5"" DOMESTIC WATER METER AND 1.5""\nSERVICE CONNECTION PER C.O.C. STD. DTL.\nC-301. INSTALL FORD ANGLE BALL FLANGED METER\nVALVE, MODEL #BFA13-777W BEFORE THE WATER\nMETER.",EA,LINE5

PEN,13,"INSTALL 1.5"" IRRIGATION WATER METER AND 1.5""\nSERVICE CONNECTION PER C.O.C. STD. DTL.\nC-301.",EA,COUNT
PEN,14,"INSTALL 2"" REDUCED PRESSURE-PRINCIPLE\nBACKFLOW PREVENTOR PER C.O.C. STD. DTL.\nC-311.",EA,COUNT

PEN,15,"INSTALL 1.5"" REDUCED PRESSURE-PRINCIPLE\nBACKFLOW PREVENTOR PER C.O.C. STD. DTL.\nC-311. SEE LANDSCAPE PLANS FOR CONTINUATION.",EA,COUNT
PEN,16,"INSTALL 6"" PRIVATE FIRE HYDRANT ASSEMBLY PER\nC.O.C. STD. DET. C-303, C-305 & FD131.\nPAINTED YELLOW AND BLACK PER CITY FIRE DEPT.\nDET. FD 121. INCLUDE ""OUT OF SERVICE"" SIGN\nPER FIRE DEPT. DET. FD 123.",EA,COUNT

PEN,17,INSTALL 22.5 DEGREE BEND PER M.A.G. STD.\nDET. 380 AND NFPA-24,EA,COUNT
PEN,18,"8"" VALVE BOX AND COVER PER CITY STD. DET.\nC-307, C-317, & C-308, AND VALVE BLOCKING\nPER M.A.G. STD. DET. 301. ADJUST TO GRADE\nPER M.A.G. STD. DET. 391-1 AND M.A.G. SPEC.\nSEC. 345.",EA,COUNT

PEN,19,"INSTALL FIRE RISER WITH RISER CONTROL VALVE\nPER CITY STD. DET. FD105, SEE FIRE SPRINKLER\nPLANS.",EA,COUNT
PEN,20,INSTALL REDUCED PRESSURE-PRINCIPLE BACKFLOW\nPREVENTION ASSEMBLY PER CITY STD. DET. C-311.,EA,COUNT

PEN,21,"FIRE RISER WITH RISER CONTROL VALVE PER CITY\nSTD. DET. FD105, SEE FIRE SPRINKLER PLANS.",EA,COUNT
DIA,TITLE,SEWER NOTES ,,
DIA,1,"INSTALL 6"" SDR-35 PVC SEWER. LENGTH AND SLOPE AS SHOWN. USE\nC.O.C. STD. BEDDING DTL. C-402.",LF,LINE1

DIA,2,INSTALL SEWER CLEANOUT PER M.A.G. STD. DTL.\n441. ADJUST TO GRADE PER M.A.G. STD. DTL.\n270 AND M.A.G. SPEC. SEC. 345.,EA,COUNT
DIA,3,INSTALL PIPE TO WITHIN 5' OF BUILDING. SEE PLUMBING PLAN\nFOR CONTINUATION.,EA,COUNT

DIA,4,INSTAL NEW SEWER LINE TO EXISTING SEWER MANHOLE. CONTRACTOR\nSHALL FIELD VERIFY VERTICAL ELEVATION AND HORIZONTAL\nLOCATION PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION. ANY VARIATIONS FOUND FROM\nDESIGN ELEVATIONS INDICATED ON PLAN SHALL BE BROUGHT TO THE\nATTENTION OF THE ENGINEER PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION FOR REVIEW\nAND INSPECTION.,EA,COUNT

DIA,5,"CONSTRUCT CONCRETE ENCASEMENT FOR 6"" SEWER\nPIPE PER M.A.G. STD. DTL. 404-3. CONCRETE\nENCASEMENT TO EXTEND FOR ENTIRE LENGTH OF\nPIPE SEGMENT, FROM UPSTREAM MANHOLE TO\nDOWNSTREAM MANHOLE.",EA,COUNT

OCT,TITLE,%%USTORM DRAIN NOTES ,,
OCT,1,"INSTALL NEW 8"" HDPE PERFORATED STORM DRAIN PIPE. SIZE,\nLENGTH, AND SLOPE AS SHOWN ON PLAN. PROVIDE\nWATER TIGHT JOINTS AND PREMANUFACTURED\nFITTINGS. BACKFILL TRENCHING PER DETAIL ON\nSHEET C08.",LF,LINE

OCT,2,INSTALL STORM SEWER CLEANOUT PER M.A.G. STD. DTL. 441,EA,COUNT

Tom
--

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Michael Prefling <mike.prefling@gmail.com> wrote:

For your request #2.

I've attached a pdf of the plan sheet. You will see that I have boxes and octagons on the sheet. However when I run the Key Note table it is showing the correct note text, but displays a diamond and octagon. I've also attached my project note file.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Tom Haws <tom.haws@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike,

1. I am baffled. We could try authorizing you again. What are your OS and ACAD versions?
It is telling you "Authorization was successful"?

2. Can you send me your project notes file?

Tom
--

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Michael Prefling <mike.prefling@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Tom,
We are having two strange problems with the CNM program, and I have no doubt it's something simple on our end that is not quite right.

1. For some reason it keeps telling me I'm in "Evaluation Mode". Every few times it'll ask for the authorization code, and I type in the code you've given in your email below and it seems to accept it. The next time I run ACAD I'm back in evaluation mode. Under "help" I tried selecting "Purchase Licenses" thinking that maybe I need to enter the code there, but I get an "unknown command" message and the purchase license function doesn't launch.
2. I've entered my notes in the CNM editor and added boxes on the sheet. Everything looks fine. When I try and add the actual notes to the page, using the "Key Notes Table" the text comes up fine, but it pulls the wrong shape. So, in the CNM editor in the "Box" section I have added my notes. I then add the boxes in plan view to the page. When I select "Key Notes Table" it adds the correct text, but the wrong shape.
Tom Haws
The man behind the curtain
hawstom
Site Admin

Return to Construction Notes Manager Support