AutoCAD 2016 with CNM 5 bubble blocks

Ask questions or search for answers about CNM here.
New topics: Please search existing topics first. If a new topic is needed, please give it a useful title.

Moderators: dw, hawstom, PhilWill

AutoCAD 2016 with CNM 5 bubble blocks

Postby hawstom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:07 pm

From Chris Reyna:

The CNM 5.0.6 bubble blocks are in AutoCAD 2018 format, so they won't work with v2016.

Response:

Fix attempt 1: I saved them to AutoCAD 2007 format. But Annotative Scaling was introduced in 2008. So the v2007 blocks didn't work right with CNM. Scaling was wrong, and the blocks got rotated.

Fix attempt 2: I saved them to AutoCAD 2010 format. But testing them in v2019, the stretchable wipeouts were covering the bubble shapes. Turns out this is a bug in v2019 that is fixed with 2019.1 or the draw order hotfix AutoCAD 2019.0.1 "An Update to ... resolve maintaining draw order set when creating a block ...." (In the course of testing I discovered the -DWGUNITS command that is necessary in AutoCAD to work with a drawing that has been created in a vertical product like Civil 3D; the most important part of that command is to answer No every chance you get.)
CNM 5.1 bubble blocks work with versions down to v2010. They are Annotatively scaled, and if the current dimstyle is Annotative, they associate to their leader.
Tom Haws
The man behind the curtain
hawstom
Site Admin

Return to Construction Notes Manager Support